One of my favorite partnerships over the years has been with my best friend, Derrick, who created a ministry called Shattered Studios, which seeks to combat teen depression by creating fun content about their favorite movies, video games, and “geeky” stuff. Derrick and I (along with another dear friend named John) were invited to host a seminar at the upcoming convention LoveThyNerdCon, and chose to speak about why and how people can reach their gamer friends for Jesus. I’m hoping we’ll be able to post the presentation online for you all, but in the meantime, here’s a taste of what we’ll be teaching…
Why should we try to reach our friends for Jesus?
1. Because God said so (Matthew 28:16-20, Ezekiel 33:8)
2. Because we love them (2 Cor 5:20; 2 Peter 3:9; 1 John 5:11-13)
3. Because God uniquely gifted us to reach them (1 Peter 4:10-11; 1 Cor 9:22)
How can we reach them?
1. Be filled with the Holy Spirit (Luke 12:12)
2. Be where they are (Luke 14:23; Matt 9:38)
3. Be brave & gentle (Eph 6:19; 1 Peter 3:15)
We also were able to share with them a strategy called the “Sometime” Question. In the future, we hope to develop and share even more resources for helping young people explore their faith in the field of entertainment.